View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: KK against a tag, he 4-bets me oop. 5/10 live NL at Motor City.

I was the villain in this hand and had a little different perspective on it. I know you only remember me opening for $35, you raising to $100, and then me folding happening once - but I'm pretty sure I had given up two or three other hands to you preflop in the same situation. Plus I had been opening a lot of pots from all positions (way more than everyone else at the table) so combined with the fact that I had already given up a few hands to you preflop without a fight, I definitely felt that you were 3-betting me pretty light. I think my 4-betting range is much wider than you're giving me credit for.

I don't know how much it effects the hand, but I do sort of regret my preflop reraise sizing.

Edit: Just thought I'd add that that I would hate a raise on that flop with KK against the preflop 4-bettor since AA and QQ do make up such a substantial percentage of my range (I prefer calling to reevaluate the turn), so I think you played that street fine too. Preflop is fine also IMO - what's wrong with taking a flop in position pretty deep with KK?