View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Gila River (AZ) 15/30 Game

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think the no-smoking ban that the voters passed will affect the smoke, or would it just make the games worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I am a smoker I would prefer a non-smoking room because it makes me smoke less. Since I knew that many people would like to know about this issue I asked the woman running the room that night if they were planning on making the room non-smoking and was told that there were no such plans. So, at least for the time being, there will be no change.

As to whether or not a smoking ban would make the games worse: That is an interesting question. My guess it that it probably would. Gila has found, and is maintaining, a player base that wants to smoke. Smoke and drink, apparently. Smoke, drink and GAMBLE! Maybe all the drinking was because it was Friday night but normally I don't see THAT many people drinking in a poker game and the more drinking the better, if you ask me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]