View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Question from mod forum: homosexuality + retardation

[ QUOTE ]

what does your first statement have to do w/ censored's question? why does someone have to "contextualize their enviromenment" in order for it to impact them?

i have worked w/ people mental retardation and there is a definite sexual drive. some hetero, some homosexual.

[/ QUOTE ]

bd - re: "whether or not people who actually mentally retarded express things like homosexuality"

I read this to mean that [censored] was implying that a predisposition to homosexuality might be genetic, and that he was wondering if a mentally retarded person would be able to act on that.

Its entirely possible that I am missing the point. But I was trying to say that I do not believe that homosexuality is solely genetic, or something one is "born with", but instead may also be a result of behavioral factors.

Re: Dick Cheney's daughter, its entirely possible that she "rebelled" against the staunch Republican/conservative values of her father in order to gain attention. Maybe after doing so, she realized she could enjoy a perfectly fulfilling lifestyle sans [censored].

Which is the right answer? Could be both, could be neither...I don't think anybody knows for sure.