View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Day 2 Hand vs. Pro at WPF

I'd much rather be raising 89 suited then A10 or maybe AJ in this position. Especially with the rapidly increasing structure of this tournament, I had to maintain my chipstack and steal. From my experience throughout this tourney, when someone raised from late position, people behind gave a lot more thought about calling/reraising, but early position raises pretty much got a lot more respect. In truth, I was not very concerned about getting reraised here as no one at the table was reraising an EP raiser light.

Most of the time I was figuring I can just cbet a flop and take it down, but this flop gave me a lot more difficulty, because I had no idea about Giordano's post flop play (if the BB had a hand, he was betting it on the flop). If TheBeat floated at all, or would try to raise me off the hand, I would feel uncomfortable putting any more chips in the pot.

Also, on the turn, I don't think he's really committed to call my all in with any hand. If he folds on the turn, he's still left with over a 100k stack, if he loses the hand, he's essentially crippled.

I'll post more thoughts later, but I am learning a bunch of MTT insight from this thread, so I'll continue to absorb the wisdom first.