View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Harrah\'s New Orleans Floor Decision

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is not blackjack so I wish poker players would stop trying to compare the two. In blackjack, its house money, so yes it is theft at that point, but in in BJ verbal is not binding,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok lets make it Craps then. Imagine I walk over to the craps table, Its a come out roll the dice are out so don't want to interefre with thrown dice, I lift up my $500 chip so the dealer sees it and I announce $500 on the pass line, the dealer announces $500 on the pass line is a bet" and the dice are rolled and come up snake eyes. But instead of dropping my $500 chip on the table for the dealer to collect I put it in my pocket and walk away. Do you think I might get picked up by security and held while they call gaming. Isn't this more similar to the poker situation -- noone was reaching into the bank. The bet was Verbal.

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is there are probably no vocal recording devices so as fr as the law goes, its heresay

[/ QUOTE ] Well i doubt its heresay, but mabe some church will excommunicate you for it, and I certainly know its not hearsay as a matter of evidentiary law.