View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Harrah\'s New Orleans Floor Decision

Im a shift manager in a poke room in vegas. Just to add my 2 cents.. 1st of all, if the winning player were to attack the other guy, its criminal assualt. Second of all, the only thing the house can do is call security and then gaming. The house cannot take the chips away from the player(its a gaming law.Look it up if you would like to) Another thing is this....Poker is not blackjack so I wish poker players would stop trying to compare the two. In blackjack, its house money, so yes it is theft at that point, but in in BJ verbal is not binding, so it would be a matter of the player having to reach into the bank to steal the money. Any player that is a real poker player knows to protect their hand espically becaucse of the legal classification of poker. We as poker players have much less recourse in this situation. The problem is there are probably no vocal recording devices so as fr as the law goes, its heresay. Now don't get me wrong, I would madder than hell if this happened to me, so don't think I'm against the player. i just wanted to let everyone know that from a legal standpoint, the only thing the house can do is call security and hope that gaming agents are ableto do something. You could however fight this(only against the player as the house is not liable) in small claims court, but you would spend more in laywer fees that what you would actually win. Just a thought