View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Why Im no longer an ACist

[ QUOTE ]
Without regulatory bodies and without elected representatives to make our choices for us, we'd all be overwhelmed intellectually and we'd run out of time.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm not sure we need regulatory bodies to make our choices, just to record our choices. Elected officials worked out very well when travel times and communication times were slow. They are no longer needed in the information age. The type of bodies that I'm an advocate of are similar to ICANN. It's the only regulatory body on the net, and it pretty much just keeps track of who owns what domain name. Having competing domain name registrars adds little to the effeintcy, yet might create multiple claims of ownership of the same property. This monopoly on record keeping regarding domains is a good thing in my eyes, and is the type of service that governments should provide with regard to property.

[ QUOTE ]

So they've just demonstrated how immoral and evil and corrupt democracy is, and most of the statists I talk to are Americans and so love democracy, and they usually get angry and the conversation is over at this point.

It isnt an argument FOR AC. Its a deflection or a refutation of an argument AGAINST AC.

[/ QUOTE ] Right, if I understand you are saying that the nature of people makes democracy and ACism bad societies. Provided it's true about information.

There are a number of people that think that democracies purpose is to elect people that make better decisions then the general populace. People that make worse decision shouldn't often get elected. So by that logic the decisions made in democracy would be better ones then the effects of the individual decisions in ACland.