View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Review of the heads up play

Thanks for the responses guys.

I play a lot of HU and just kept wondering why you weren't attacking him more DD. If I were playing against a guy that was playing Joe's style I'd have been c/r'ing lots of flops with air.

I'm sure Joe would have adjusted to me but when I see guys that tight I feel quite fine pushing them out of that tight zone. Joe reads hands really well as evidenced throughout the video but I wonder how he'd do at reading hands if your hand range exploded...and it doesn't really take a lot to make your range 'seem to get really wide'.

Joe, you made a comment or two during the video about there being no reason to get out of line on paired boards and mb on another board too. This I definitely disagree with. If you're not playing back with absolute air at least some of the time you're going to have a tough time with a decent opponent who is doing so. It's just the maths of the game. You won't flop a pair or a draw often enough to get by with this unless you can straight up value town the hell out of your opponent when you do hit something. There's plenty of money on the HU table attacking your opponent without a showdownable hand since he'll not have a showdownable hand so often.

You guys are both smart players and I appreciate you posting the video. I really enjoyed it.

Cheers,
Bill