View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Review: Winning in Tough Hold \'em Games by Stox/Zobags

[ QUOTE ]
I did not write this section so I will let zobags chime in here if he wants. I think estimate is based on the the assumption you get action, which is what determines implied odds. In other words, many of the losing hands will not give you action so you have to adjust your range according to actin recieved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it possible the board is wrong? If the 2h is replaced by an ace or king, it looks like the 50% estimate that hero is still behind is about right.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this is it and im pretty sure it is not very clear, otherwise two good players who work at this (microbob and udevil), would not have this type of murkiness in understanding...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, confusion is a common state of mind for me, but I'm printing this out and saving it before anyone comes along to dispute it.

If you need a testimonial for your next project, let me know. Since I started implementing changes inspired by this book, my results have been spectacular. Though I might have coincidentally started to run good, the difference is definitely significant.