View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: PNL Study Group Day 7: The REM Process \"Intro\" and \"R is for Range

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is very interesting that the basic concepts are seemingly glossed over. Range is SO important.

Why is it that in every article or interview that Aba does he says NL is all about putting an opponent on a range of hands? He then says it’s about the E and M.

I realize that it’s a hard topic to discuss. It takes tons of experience to "know" what ranges to assign to different players. If one wants to become a better player, they must constantly assign ranges- in and out of hands.

Perhaps we could through some HH in here of typical situations and discuss how we arrive at the range for the specific opponent. I would start, but I have no access to PT right now.

Ret

[/ QUOTE ]

aba is pretty sick at note-taking , if youve watched his videos on cardrunners , you can see how many notes he takes in a small span of time , in about 20 min (playing HU) , he already has enough notes to tell about a persons playing style/tendencies and makes adjustments accordingly ...