View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: PNL Study Group Day 7: The REM Process \"Intro\" and \"R is for Range\"

Putting opponents on a range of hands is the most difficult thing for me to do. I don't know where to begin. For the first couple years in minbet poker I got caught up in the popular attempt to put someone on an exact hand. Then the next couple years in SNGs, I'd assign a range based on pretty much nothing in particular that consisted of "top 10%, top 13%, etc".

Does it just take observation over time to develop a feel for what a particular opponent may open with, or call with, or raise with?

To make it more confusing, its mentioned somewhere in the book that if a hand is possible, don't rule it out. Its too early in the morning to go find the book, but it was something like, if 85o makes the nuts and villain is betting strongly, reconsider your assigned range.

Maybe I just need more practice, but I understand I cannot calculate my equity without assinging a range. Then again, maybe its just the nature of the micros that makes this part difficult.

Onaflag.........