View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: 15/30 must see...

[ QUOTE ]
I quit shortly after the hand and have not played since as I don't feel certain that online poker is fair.

[/ QUOTE ]hitmenotone - I'm pretty sure online poker is not always on the up and up. But this is such small potatoes that I doubt you were cheated in this instance.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought Omaha 8 was supposed to be a low variance game?

[/ QUOTE ]It depends on how you play. It might not be much fun, but I think you can play so that it is.

[ QUOTE ]
Yet, I have more variance here than any other game and I play pretty straight forward. I just don't understand how this is possible?

[/ QUOTE ]Seems very possible to me. I don't see anything you did wrong on this particular hand, but all it takes is a few more mistakes than your opponents here and there to turn you from a winner to a loser.[ QUOTE ]
How do you handle this emotion?

[/ QUOTE ]Try to sidestep it.

Set a loss limit. Don't make it for more than you can afford to lose. Quit the game to come back another day when you reach your loss limit.

Poker is a game of deception. You think Big Stack here is a lucky buffoon - and perhaps that is true - but perhaps the seemingly stupid play was a set-up for future hands - and then just turned out to be extraordinarily lucky this time.

Buzz