View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Turning 35, or Starting the Back 9

HAPPY BIRTHDAY A DAY EARLY!! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
To my delight, within a few minutes, the first bird fluttered down to investigate. It took a seed timidly, then apparently told a couple of its buddies that the crazy Food Guy was offering stuff. I was mobbed by the little critters - with them landing on my sweatshirt, hat, and hands - and then suddenly, as if they realized the foolishness of their actions, they all flew off. It only lasted a few minutes, but the joy I felt was immesurable

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very cool post KT. I think it is awfully well written and I bet a lot of us can relate to most of your points. I agree, we are all cogs in a wheel to an extent. I'm always reflecting back on things I've learned about life and people too so I just love this kind of post. Thank you for inlcuding your item #6, your immeasurable joy at feeding the birds in your yard. That was great.

This quote sort of struck a nerve with me,

[ QUOTE ]
....and even though I live one block away from my sister, not one person in my family knows my interests, skills, or even what I do for a living. Last Thanksgiving, one of my sisters asked how my "little job" was going. Fine, I guess, if you consider managing a $2 billion product line little.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you handle this kind of thing and doesn't it hurt you? Was wondering what is your explanation on why family's are so disconnected and disinterested as it seems to be really common. I wonder if it's normal.