View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Champions League 2007-08 Thread!*****

Sevilla - AEK is going to be a cracker of a match. The AEK manager used to be the manager of Betis, so he's quite familiar with Sevilla and it will give the Sevilla fans a bit more to cheer for. It's unfortunate as AEK are one of the better sides, but it should be a fun couple of legs.

Another factor is that Sevilla have rejected offers of 32 and 35 million euros for Alves from Chelsea. He's said that Sevilla should consider those offers and that he would love to move to a big club like Chelsea. The Sevilla president said that an "out of market" offer would be required for Sevilla to sell him. He's contracted through 2011. If Sevilla play him he'll be cup tied I believe (I think the qualifying round counts though not 100%) and so we'll find out early on whether they want to keep him for real or are just trying to milk a few million euros out of it. He does have a slight injury but if he doesn't play at least in the second leg I think he's gone and I'll be [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

It was similar with Arsenal last year. When Reyes didn't play it was obvious that no matter what Wenger said he was going to at least temporarily go to Real Madrid.