View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: 63o - hand vs Private Joker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I CR. PJ 3 bets. Ultra fishy lady calls. I...?

[/ QUOTE ]

super easy fold, your crushed. PJ isnt 3-betting a hand that cant beat your two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT--

Why?

Part of me wants to fold this hand, but some hand-reading (preflop being important) and thinking through the hand from Joker's perspective makes me want to make him show me a hand here. I think it's even more important than usual to know how Joker views Snowball. Certainly I'd say that folding requires some justification.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Name one hand that Joker would three-ball on the turn that is behind Snows range. Also tell me if any of those hands will be behind if snow catches a 4 outer to fill up on the river. I cant think of any, if you can I'm prepared to keep an open mind. even if Snow is viewed poorly in PJ's mind I dont see a 3-bet with an overpair here.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT--

Snowball loses to QQ and JJ. Joker could 3bet AA, KK, and AQ with the right reads. What would you do with a total calling station on your left and an aggro guy on your right in a big pot? Would you do it all the time?

--Nate

EDIT: I see you mentioned the overpair. I think that Joker's making a big mistake if he's not at least thinking about 3-betting those hands, because he might be ahead, the pot is big, and it might get him a free showdown. We've all seen that Snowball will have a terrible time not shutting down with basically anything he's got. Joker's smart enough to realize this. Remember that the total station to Joker's left could easily have a draw, and particularly with draws like gutshots and 5-out one-pair hands Joker wants badly to 3-bet. Again, calling this an "obvious fold" is a very simplistic and zeroth-to-first-level way to approach this hand.