View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: munchen or vienna

thanks for the replies. first of all the last thing i want to see is more romanians, i'm trying to escape the whole balkan theme [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] so that's not a problem for me at all. the biggest issues are how likely am i to have problems with my online poker activity and how easy is it to get a flat in this situation. i've been reading things about vienna on a few forums and there were stories about the streets being full of vomit in the morning, people spitting and urinating in public... this isn't how i imagine beautiful vienna or austrians. i mean if i want to see things like that i can stay here. are these stories true? do they happen in the nice parts of the city? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] on the other hand, i've read only good things about munchen http://www.monocle.com/sections/affa...ies-01-Munich/ and the pics i've seen are just unreal... i mean there doesn't seem to be one particle of dust on the streets, not one graffiti and so on. it's not grand and imperial like vienna but just adorable. cost of living isn't really that important, neither is nightlife.... clean and safe streets, nice architecture, trees and parks, civil and polite people are the things i care about. oh another thing - does either city have problems with skinheads because i read about a few cases in germany about blacks or indians who were beaten by neo-nazis (i am white and could pass as german/austrian but i'd still want to know ). cheers and thanks again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]