View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Bonehead move on my part - was there any way out of it??

[ QUOTE ]
Yup - once you say 'all in' or 'call' when it is your turn to act, you are bound to that exact action. Same with words like 'raise'.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. If you say one of these things and it is clear that you don't understand the action to you you can correct your action once the misunderstanding is cleared up. Here is an example given in Robert's because it is better than any example I could make up off the top of my head:
[ QUOTE ]
Example: On the end, a player puts a $500 chip into the pot and says softly, “Four hundred.” The opponent puts a $100 chip into the pot and says, “Call.” The bettor immediately shows the hand. The dealer says, “He bet four hundred.” The caller says, “Oh, I thought he bet a hundred.” In this case, the recommended ruling normally is that the bettor had an obligation to not show the hand when the amount put into the pot was obviously short, and the “call” can be retracted. Note that the character of each player can be a factor. (Unfortunately, situations can arise at big-bet poker that are not so clear-cut as this.)

[/ QUOTE ]

In the OP there is nothing he can do as it is in no way clear that he didn't understand the action and it actually appears he did understand the action.