View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: 200/400 stud/8 hand that plays like stud high

1. I could go either on 5th's 1st action. Bet or check.

Betting is likely to keep everyone around, which probably isn't best when your think one opponent has Ks and the other is probably gonna call 1-bet and is showing an Ace.

Checking could get more money in the pot, maybe fold someone, but it could get checked through if people get suspicious when you call 4th with a brick and pair your door card (hello 2 pair or trips)

2. I 3 bet if I believe the raiser could be making this play with bare Aces. I could see some people who are "aggressive, fishy, 1/2 pot players" waiting to 5th to make this raise. Also, the raise could just be insurance to boot you out and get HU with the likely Ks. Given that you have 100% live FH outs, I'd raise in this situation. Also, if the K's guy is good he MAY fold as much as Kings up to your 3-bet (again, he'd have to be able to put your squarely on trips or possible A's up).

I espically like a 3-bet if I've been kinda quiet lately and all the requirements above are met.

If the raiser has very little tendancy to be over aggresive, I think you have a clear fold.

All of this aside, I have no experience this high. And I don't know how often people are willing to fold hands like Aces up or Kings up or bare Aces for that matter.