View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: The Poker Tournament Formula by Arnold Snyder...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think Mason has explained everything, defended his position well and really has nothing much to add - particularly given that Radar has had a tendency to misrepresent some of his statements/twist them (perhaps) to keep the argument going and...hey, maybe generate buzz for the book.

---Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

As you haven't read the book, there is no point in replying to your disagreement. And there has been far too much of the kind of sniping you indulge in with the last paragraph for any response to be anything but further inflaming. All I can say is shame on you, and everyone else including the two main opponents, who has indulged this tendency to bolster your position with unfair tactics.

The great value of 2+2 forums is always diminished by the inability of the participants to refrain from making personal attacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give it a rest from your high horse, CJ - what I said was not a personal attack. Even Radar says "We have a blizzard of posts going on here, and it is difficult to properly track and respond to every argument" So, she may well have been unconsiously missing several of the things that Mason has been saying in her rush to post these, rather lengthy posts.

The ONLY thing that is obvious is that the thread keeps going around in circles. No wonder Mason seeks to end it - there is basically nothing left to say that has not already been said on the subject of 'tournament speed'! All we can do now is draw conclusions and I really don't see Snyder saying anything different from Harrington, he's just dressing it up differently - but to the same effect in the end when it comes to trying to such things as staying in the Green zone as long as possible. Just look at all the relevant quotes Mason has given from HOH. Snyder is just a abit more zealous in trying to do so though, again, HOH agrees that a more risky strategy is viable. When all is said and done, the risks Snyder would advocate may well balance out with the more conservative approach of Harrington...who can really say as each tourney gives you different hands, different players and circumstances. So a decision to gamble a bit 30 min into a tourney vs a bit more patience...who can say for sure what the ramifications will be? No one.

---Leavenfish