View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 PM

Default $23 NLTRN: Commit stack with TPNK?

Hi,

This is my first HU post so please be gentle. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

A few hands before, villain and I played this pot:

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t30/t60
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: t975
BB: t2025

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t150</font>, BB calls t90 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t180)</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t300, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t150</font>, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: t150 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: t300

Now fast forward a few hands to this one:

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t30/t60
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: t1155
BB: t1845

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t150</font>, BB calls t90 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t180)</font>.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t300, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t300</font>, Hero ??

Villain did not seem aggressive - he had folded and limped PF on the button several times for example. I was not always auto-raising PF on the button and he had folded to PF raises and c-bets before. Normally I would see top pair as a big hand HU. His leading out on this flop tells me he is not afraid of the king this time, and I don't think I can risk my whole stack on one pair here. How would you play this?

Comments appreciated.