View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: LO8 - Playing bad low hand on button A664

I don't mind the raise preflop at all. You've got position...3 working cards with a suited Ace, and a decent chance to steal the blinds.

Flop: If you can bet that flop against 2 opponents, you should be betting the turn as well.

Am I reading this correctly, did one of the players actually leave the table as the turn card was dealt? Ok, aside from that being bad ettiquette, now you know that you're only facing 1 opponent and I think you should bet the 2nd nut low in this spot. If he doesn't have the wheel, it gives you the chance to get him to fold a better high hand, because, a lot of players will surrender a hand like top pair/no low once the low gets there. Could you imagine if the river was an offsuit King and you checked the turn and the river and he flips up something like J9TQ for middle pair with no low? That's just handing him a gift imo.

Thing is, if you didn't hit that bingo card on the river, it probably would've went "check", "check", and now there's a great chance that he takes 1/2 the pot away with a high hand, but had you bet it on the turn, you give him that chance to make the fold. And to me, putting yourself in a spot to scoop the hand without having to catch good on the river is WAY worth it opposed to checking the turn and hoping he doesn't have the wheel.