View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: NY-AC Express Train Update from Phila. Inquirer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The people that go from Port Authority to Bally's or the Showboat or wherever in AC via bus are essentially the scum of the Earth. Riding that bus without an iPod is one of the most depressing experiences ever. People cheering when you first see Trump billboards and so forth.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL I once had a guy sitting behind me animately bragging the entire way to his companion how he was gonna "hit it big" with a slot machine playing system he had devised - with only $80 in his pockets. I truly wanted to reach back and smack him with the magazine I was reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the riff raff can be kind of depressing on the ride from NYC to AC on the bus. I find that Academy has considerably less riff raff than Greyhound. For that reason I prefer it over Greyhound. But Academy is less reliable as it is not always on time. As far as the train goes...that would be nice. But it looks like it will not be that much faster and may not be very economical in terms of its price. Also doesn't seem like it has too much variety in terms of departure time.