View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Re: NFL bans alcohol from team funtions

[ QUOTE ]
LMAO...how are they still "on the job" after leaving the stadium? Wouldn't they then always be "on the job" because they are always going to/from different stadiums, even though there may be 6 days between visits?

And Goodell will know cuz he's def got cameras on board all team airplanes/buses/cars, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since you asked....

They said official functions. This is stuff that is in a player's job requirement. Nothing says they can't go and get all [censored] up when they get off the plane. Or when they get home. They just can't do it when they're on official team business.

Always on their way to different stadiums? So you're telling me that when they've got a Sunday game and get Monday off, that's part of "in-between"? Or obviously their practice sessions at home between Tuesday and Friday?

I know these guys are grown men (well, except Amobi Okoye [sp?]) but I still don't see what's so terrible about this. They can't drink in the locker room or on the plane, and I'm sure they'll find loopholes for "team banquets" or charity golf tournaments or whatever.