View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Heroes - 11-12 - Background Episode

A question for all of you Heroes watchers...

I was never into this show until recently - I watched all of season 1 and am a little torn about whether or not i want to continue watching.

My biggest beef (aside from the fight scenes, which leave MUCH to be desired - considering everybodies phenominal powers) is Hiro.

Almost every show/movie I've seen that tinkers in the idea of time travel just makes me angry that they tried to do it in the first place. Hero is a blatant example of how you can use that idea in such a half-assed manner to confuse me.

Alright - so we have established that Hiro can go back/forward in time and space - and even meet himself in the time he travels to. Sometimes it is accurate down to a second, sometimes he's years off - whatever.

His "stopping time" power seems to be completely controllable, but he almost never uses it at the right time.

Example - In the final episode, Sylar and whatsisname are fighting, and POOF - there is Hiro. Instead of stopping time and beheading Sylar, he slowly runs forward, screaming, while time is moving at a normal speed. Sylar, though he is able to stop bullets mid-air, does not even attempt to flick Hiro's sword out of the way...or dodge the attack...or anything.

Despite the fact that Sylar is pretty much impervious to bullets, and can stop them/shoot them back at the person firing them, a weak little asian kid with 1 day of sword training can run wildly screaming and deliver a (near) fatal wound through his gut.

If asian kid wanted to stop time, he could chop sylar into 50 pieces before he could do anything. Or even better, he could travel back 1 second in time, meet himself, both travel 1 second back in time, then there's 4...8...16...32... basically Hiro could make an army of himself considering the fact that the time travel rules of this show are so vaguely defined.

My beef goes further than that, but this post is getting way too long.

My questions about Heroes are -
1) Do the fight scenes improve in the 2nd and 3rd seasons? I realize that 1st season shows generally have a lower budget and cant really be as impressive as they'd like to be.

2) Do the rules of various powers become more defined? I can eventually overlook the vagueness of Hiro's power if others start to become more defined... But I guess I'll just see.

Ty for the explaination