View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Flat PokerEV Greenline and Raised Redline

[ QUOTE ]
I hope to come back to this topic in a few hours, but I'll point out that I have spoken privately with a few players I respect, and none of us have, over any large sample-size, kept our non-showdown winnings positive. I have a few ideas for why this might be (dealing with folds in multiway pots, primarily) but I haven't really drawn any conclusions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, so I guess you are saying that playing a winning style of PLO* (6max or full) will end up with losing money at non-showdowns and ergo money is one by forcing/creating/being part of showdowns. And it is in those showdowns where you will win.

Also, one thing that is somewhat confusing about PokerEV is when it "does it's analysis", it of course is only analyzing the hands that went to showdown. But then when overall winnings are posted, they of course include all hands.

If someone hasn't taken you up on your experiment by the time I get home tonight, I'd play Stars HU with you. Another thing would be to later try it at a 6max game, which might be necessary to test out the idea of multi-pots. You could even pretty easily test different styles of play, which might more quickly identify leaks.

*I wonder if this is true for NL, or something PLO specific?