View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: American Gangster leaked online one week before release

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Movie is over-rated afaikimo.

I felt like I was watching the short, uninteresting, unfunny version of Goodfellas.

Character development is absolute [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this pretty much says it all. originally i said i liked it but that was probably because it's the 1st movie i ever watched on my computer. it felt good doing something i wasn't supposed to be doing. although it was a streaming version which technically wasn't illegal on my part.

the movie is average at best

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see this at all. The first half is awesome, a little disjointed later on but I don't agree about the characters at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Character development made this movie average. The acting was fabulous (Russell Crowe was ok).

I think a great example of the [censored] character development was with TI's character. *******SPOILER IN WHITE******** <font color="white">We at first see TI's character as an aspiring baseball player, getting a tryout with the Yankees, and Frank truly hopes he gets out of the family business. We're supposed to feel sorry for TI when he gets caught/shot, but we don't. Why? Because his character just wasn't developed enough.</font> **********SPOILER OVER************.

Denzel was fantastic though. 3/5.