View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 03:58 AM

Default Weird situation at Caesars

I was playing at the 1/2 table at Caesar's in AC when I saw this situation happen.

On the river of a hand, villian bets approximately 1/3 of his remaining chips. The other player in the hand begins contemplating. Villian says "Come on I need to get out of here, fold already" and proceeds to put the rest of his stack in his pocket. The other player thinks another minute or two and proceeds to fold. The dealer says nothing about villian putting the chips in his pocket.

My question is: what would happen if the other player raised the villian's bet after he took those chips off the table and put them in his pocket? Would he be treated as all in? Would he be allowed to call the raise with the chips in his pockets? What if before he didn't have that much on the table but had enough in his pockets to call? Does anyone have any experience with this kind of situation? I wish this had actually happened so that the villian would have been reprimanded for doing that, he was pretty much a drunk jerk anyway.

Thanks for any clarification you can offer.