View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Quick rock paper scissors question

[ QUOTE ]
The reporter would ask questions about strategy and training, and I was completely baffled as to whether she was being serious, or thought I was being serious

[/ QUOTE ]

I first stumbled upon that World RPS site in, I think, the late 1990s. Back then, the bulletin board was basically a very small community of people who took on these very detailed and official-sounding personas within the World RPS Society, discussing things as co-workers might via email. Occassionally, a stranger would wander by and post a question about, say, dynamite, and they'd always get an answer from the head of the Department of Theoretical Throws explaining that dynamite wasn't officially recognized.

The whole thing was extremely organized, like one person was posting under all the principles' accounts. Surreal is the word El Sapo used to describe it, and I think that's the right word. It was like a huge inside joke that everyone else was in on, except me.

The current board still has a lot of the same characters, but it's not as homogenous as it once was.

-McGee