View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Sklansky Hand Rankings Destroyed! >=)

YD,

I think in refining your system that possibly using logarithmics will help.

Also, I think there should be bonus. You know how you're saying the closer the cards, the more luck? Well, when you have 99, you can't get any closer than that, right? That should get extra points. For example, anything that is as close together as being a pair should get 50 extra points.

So, obviously, AA would get 246 while 22 would get 54, yet 32 would get 6 points. 72 would get 14 points, however, I think one gappers should get a bonus of 5, so 32 would get 11 points, and cards more than 3 gaps should have 5 points taken away (unless they're a suited King) so 72 would be 9 points, and 62 would be 7 points. But, this doesn't take into account using logarithms, and...

You'd have to get pokertracker or someone to write a program using all of your math, and your luck odds, and just combine them and use an overlay because at one point it might be difficult figuring out all the math involved for each of your hands.

Plus, you could also take this further, and attach points to the flop PLUS your hand, and on and on. If anyone is taking this seriously, I apologize in advance.

Well, great post, and keep up the good work. Someday, someone will understand I'm sure. You're probably going to win Stars Sunday Million at one point, and outside of few of the recent winners, I think that most on here would agree that you could win it.