View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 07:13 PM

Default Exiting a PLO8 Tournament on a Missed Draw

I'm new here, but not to Omaha8. I play at Stars under revlovejoy. I had 3 final tables in PLO8 the last week, one win and 2 3rds. I have prior wins, but this last week I just seem to be crushing the SNGs I play, as well as doing well in the MTT's.

Still, I cannot help but do the exact thing I laugh at other people for. It seems that I have a penchant for early exits on missed low draws. Not just naked A2s, but situations with str8 draws, backup for counterfeiting, or other potential scoops. Still, if the flop has 2 lows, and the aggressor pots it, I call, and when a 9 hits the turn, I end up all in and praying for a river. AA36 takes out my AK23.

Under what circumstances is it just part of tournament poker to go out this way? On an unpaired board, 2 lows, nut flush draw, I will probably never be able to lay it down to aggression, I may even be the raiser. When do you lay it down? I may be suffering from selective memory, in that I don't count the times I get there and go on in a tournament, I only remember the dramatic exits.

Any thoughts?