View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: November College Hoops

I got to check out Tulsa vs. Hampton yesterday, which was a pretty pleasant surprise. Hampton won by about 20 and looked really good. If they play like they did yesterday throughout most of the year I can see them making the dance. They've got some talented and athletic big men who can shoot the rock, and some quality guard play. Their pg looked great, even though he's a freshman and even though he's listed at 5'9 he is more like 5'5 (I would know I've known him and his brother for several years).

Maryland looked like ass early against North Florida but got it together and won 79-50. I'm not sure what to think of this year's Terps, mainly because of 7 freshman who need to show what they can do. With Gist and Milbourne out Dave Neal and Cliff Tucker got their starts, and that's not going to cut it in ACC play. It's obvious they're still searching for a consistent rotation to use, because guys were subbing left and right.

Osby concerns me down low, as he's more like 6'5, doesnt have much hops at all, and has no low post game. This team is going to have to rely heavily on the two soph guards Hayes and Vasquez, and senior forward Gist to carry most of the load. But one can hope that some freshmen step up like Hayes and Vasquez did last year.

On this year's team there's one soph (vasquez) and two freshmen (Walker and Bowie) who went to Montrose Christian, which is also where Kevin Durant went. That's so sick. There's no way Stu Vetter isn't crooked.