View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 09:20 PM

Default Re: The \"share your no-meat recipes\" thread

[ QUOTE ]
Your pasta sauce does sound very awesome. I want to try it with angel hair pasta.

I don't have a recipe to share but I am looking for one. A couple months back I recall seeing a nice couscous recipe. At least I'm pretty sure it was couscous but I'm hopeless with the search function. (It was probably in OOT) Does this sound familiar to anyone because I really want that recipe. It had raisins and nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Katy-

I was digging through my recipes and came across this although I am not sure of the source.

Fruited Couscous

3 cups couscous
4 1/2 cups boiling water or chicken broth
3/4 cup dried currants
1 cup dried apricots, diced
3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Zest of a lemon
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
Cayenne, to taste
5 to 6 scallions, thinly sliced
3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely sliced

In a large bowl combine couscous and boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to steam for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork, breaking apart clumps with fingertips. Stir in currants, apricots, and pine nuts and set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the zest, juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and cayenne. Drizzle mixture over the couscous and toss to combine. Couscous can be made up to this point 1 to 2 days in advance. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. Stir in the scallions. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with mint.