View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Park 15/30 - OESF draw and nut straight on flop

[ QUOTE ]
Also as far as the turn goes, why would you anticipate a raise from her this often? If she is scared as you say then she should only be raising the turn with flushes, which she should not be flopping often at all. Her flop call should be a pretty wide range, but what we are mostly betting for is for value and protection against the A or Ks as well as 2 pair/scared sets, etc. So, i.e. we are getting value out of more of her range than the times she is slowplaying a monster. All in all, if you know her well enough to fold the river then you should know her well enough to know if her slowplay range includes all flushes, or just nut flushes, i.e. does she pound the flop with all small flushes or does she slowplay all flushes if it is the former than I think we can fold on the turn confident we are drawing dead. If you dont know her well enough to say definitively I say get to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know how she would play a flopped flush out of position with 3 players left to act, it was the only monotone board that I recall at this point. We would of course pump it, but she is the average SSHE type who is more solid than most but probably doesn't have the level of understanding to know she has to protect her hand. Perhaps she sees a monster and wants to keep everyone in with a small flush - a mistake of course but rather common from weak post-flop tags. I'm just taking stabs in the dark here, I really don't know.