Thread: Rolex Replicas?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Rolex Replicas?

So I'm browsing some 2p2 thread and I come across an image of a beautiful rolex, I couldn't even take my eyes off it. So I went to Rolex's website and drooled over some more watches before I came across one that I really liked. Apparently Rolex.com doesn't really offer much help at all in pricing or purchasing them, so I took the name of the one I liked and entered it into google and then google images. I clicked on one link of a particular style I liked, and came across a site that was selling it and a bunch more just like it here . I looked at the price and it said they were selling (the particular one I wanted) it for $800! Obviously right away I realize that they're selling replicas and not the real thing. Still, I'm a little intrigued and I'm browsing through the site, and it actually seems legit. I'm still not quite sold though, although usually most scams are pretty obvious from the get go. One of the payment options on this site is a C.O.D., so the chances of it being an outright scam seem pretty slim. Overall the site seems very professional. I tried to run a search on the site to get some feedback from real people (I can't give any credit to testamonials on the site for obvious reasons) but I kept getting irrelevant hits and couldn't find much useful information.

Anyways, here is an excerpt from the site describing the quality of the watches:

Swiss-Made Grade 1 Rolex replicas are the "Rolls Royce" of Replicas. These Timepieces are so exact, not even your friends, family members or co-workers will be able to tell the difference. The only way a Rolex jeweler can tell them apart is if they disassemble the watch & thoroughly inspect it. The weight, look & feel is identical.

It almost sounds too good to be true, and usually when something is too good to be true, it is. So I'm wondering if anybody has ever dealt with this site or another like it that deals in Rolex Replicas. Is the site legit? Are the watches just as they describe? I find it hard to believe that they could make one that could fool a rolex jewler all things considered, but who knows.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.