View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 06:14 PM

Default $200 to the first person to fix my Internet Connection problem

I'm giving $200 to the first person who is able to fix my internet in the hotel I'm at right now to allow me to connect to MSN and all the poker sites. Here is the story/problem:

I check into my hotel in Rome, Italy. All is great. They give me a cable to connect to the internet (they do not have wireless). I plug it in and they give me a sheet of paper which tells me to go to Internet Options ----> Connections ----> LAN Settings - and enter their proxy server information and port number. I've never had to do this in any other hotel. Anyways, I connect to the internet, open up my web browser and I'm browsing 2p2 with no problem and chatting to friends on AIM as well. I then decide I want to play poker so I open up stars and FTP and it won't connect to the servers. My MSN also does not connect to the server. So BBV, what is the deal with my internet and how can I fix it? I cant leave the hotel because they have my card on file and theres no cancellations. The closest internet cafe is like a 10 minute cab drive away with the inconvienence of me leaving my room which isnt cool. PLEASE HELP!