View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: 3bet Pot OOP w/ AKs

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone saying auto 4 bet preflop every time without exception always always is tilting me. Are you guys never check/raising ace and king high flops as bluffs? If you always 4bet AK check/raising either of those flops you'll be repping such a narrow range it's meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I literally can't even remember the last time I c/r an Ace high flop in a 3 bet pot. I just don't do it. It's not even part of my game. I (95% of the time I do it all the time) bet any flop in a 3 bet pot. Especially Ace high flops, with or without an ace. In my eyes I get more value from hands that way, I often win the pot on the flop, as well as when I hit my ace with big hands it will cost him alot if he a) doens't have an ace or b) played a weaker ace. just to find out if I have an ace or not.

IMO you lose alot less when in a 3 bet pot by cbetting on Ace high flop vs c/r bluffing. You can often win the pot with a cbet and you can fold to a raise. I would much rather have to make villain commit alot of chips on a bluff or to find out if I do have an ace or not, vs me being the one doing so.