View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Thurs night NCAA football

[ QUOTE ]
Rush, I don't think most on here have a problem with him saying he's a winner. I think he even makes a few decent points in some spots. I think people have problems with:

A) Him being a dick to everyone
B) Him saying everyone else must be a loser b/c they don't agree with him
C) Him making some pretty ridiculous claims that, if true, would make him probably the biggest documented winner on a % basis in the history of sportsbetting

And the combination of B & C together are things that make everyone question his general level of credibility on any and every point he makes.

[/ QUOTE ]

reply:

to 1) i was affronted and ridiculed by people i never met nor knew, on multiple occasions. i found contributions i attempted to make rebutted not by data or persuasion but by snears. this was well before i made any unpleasant rejoinders. i have more direct methods for dealing with such treatment, in person.

to 2) the evidence indicates that most bettors lose. those who claim to make money doing nothing more than sharping the odds have, both in my experience and in the literature, been questioned. also, since the general consensus i encounter here, on any given game, mirrors public opinion, and the public loses money, yes, i suspect the majority of posters here are liars when they claim to win money. the few selections i have made here were in response to overwhelming consensus that was just plain wrong, and very stupid. like NE failing to cover against buffalo, or GB beating the Bears. i'm not here to post selections, but to monitor foolishness; alas something i have not yet mastered is keeping my tongue in my mouth when i hear it. i hope to do better.

what i find of most interest here, is that someone claiming to do nothing and making money is credited more than someone who works at the game and possesses talent for it. i think you all need to sit down and examine that. IT REEKS OF DELUSIONAL THINKING: YOU ARE THE PUBLIC YOU PROFESS TO DETEST. that's what everybody in the world wants, something for nothing, easy money, reward without capacity. god, you think yourselves so enlightened, and you embrace the silliest notions.

to 3) "you get from the market what you expect to find"--Ed Seykota. i expect to win. i win. at some bets i have a remarkable history: since an ML play is for me an occasional play--a regular play, in that i examine the ML for games i feel strongly about--but occasional since i make very few of them, it's not so very odd that i would have a great history. if, however, i were to play every ML that comes along, no, i would NOT have a great history. in fact, i would likely have a dismal history. and to the two or four ears out there with brains between them, i would say, you can do much better at this game than twoplustwo's all twoplustwo group-think here says you can. it's just not by endorsing the group-think product.

tlt.