View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 01:41 AM

Default (kind of LC) how to improve mental fortitude?

ive found that when playing, and especially the case for hu over large samples, i get into predictable ruts from time to time. i let people run me over hu and i tend to play my own hand rather than handreading opponents well. the simplest thing ive found is to just quit whenever i start playing bad, but my "tilt" (if its even really tilt) lasts several days and i find myself having to take a week off in order to get back to playing my B game even. i guess im just wondering how most of you guys deal with it. ive played about a million hands lifetime and in really aggro hu games i still sometimes get a bit too emotionally involved (bad beats sometimes tilt me, i focus too much on how much im down etc). do you guys have any methods of playing consistently over large samples? tbh i feel like i can look back at my own play over the past year and know that i was playing really well 10 months ago but horrendously 5 months ago and am afraid i am sinking into a predictable rut once again.

this is kind of long and im probably rambling, but i just wanted to know how you guys improved your consistency and brought your A game to the table all the time. its something that ive always had a problem with.