View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Settle this Baseball Argument

[ QUOTE ]
I think the key word is "significantly." I don't argue that Braun and Fielder are better hitters than Hall, but not "significantly." Not "waaaaaaaaaaay" better.

Hall did poorly in the beginning of the season, but he started doing well about 3 weeks before he went on the DL. For someone who hit <.240 in April, he's made a nice turnaround to get to >.270 (power numbers are down, though). He has also been much more clutch (no numbers to back this up, just observation) than either Braun or Fielder. In fact, as tremendous as Braun has been, he has been utterly miserable in key situations from about the 7th inning on in the last few weeks. Fielder hasn't been much of a factor for a month, although he is keeping his average right in the .280 range.

Braun has been awesome. I love him. But I don't think we can say he is "significantly" better than Hall based on such a small sample size. He hasn't even been in the bigs for the entire season. Lest we forget, Hall hit close to .300 two seasons ago and then hit 35 HR's last year.

Again, not saying Braun and Fielder aren't better hitters than Hall - they are great so far and are two of my favorite players already - but they aren't leaps and bounds better.

And Hall is definitely better than Hardy.

But I digress. Back to the bunting discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured if I brought it back up someone would make my argument for me. Thanks.