View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: 50NL: ZOMG! I bet to find out where I\'m at!!

i simply never take button's line preflop so i have no idea what he has. my guess is {22-AA, AQ+, KQ}. when he finally shows aggression on the flop I would fold.

About your bet... i don't like it. let's go through and decide about betting vs checking:

checking: allows him to draw for free, keeps his range extremely wide, tightens your range to pretty much {TT,AK}.

check-raising: folds out nothing you beat except once in a while QQ.

check-calling: has got to be bad I think cos the chances are you will be folding later in the hand.

betting: allows you to stop him drawing, allows you to define his range a little bit but not that much if he just calls (what does he definately not have if he calls?), gets value from 99 possibly, builds the pot in a hand were you are OOP with a marginal hand.

all in all i really don't like this spot!

if you don't feel you can check-fold (because you will have induced a bluff) i would bet 2/3 pot and fold to a raise, check/fold turn if called. I think 2/3 pot is better than 1/2 because you are still pretty much asking for a raise when you bet half pot, and it doesn't protect very well against draws.

preflop i might just call at a loose table.