View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: 800k stuck in neteller, will legal representation help me?

[ QUOTE ]
I am a lawyer...not much sense in litigation right now...in fact in what venue is such a lawsuit brought...certainly not in the United States since Neteller is a foreign entity that claims to have no ties to US jurisdiction...indeed all the supposed good arguments that Neteller and others can escape US criminal prosecution since it does not "do business here" works to the disadvantage of all its US customers since they cannot also be sued in a civil matter here in the US...good luck fighting that battle!

Anyway, if retaining an attorney still interests you here is what I suggest...with all the talk of funds confiscation by the DOJ it would benefit you most by ascertaining whether or not this is true. ALL court files of this matter are a matter of PUBLIC RECORD. In fact, any attorney who practices in federal court has a paid online access to the Court's files through a system known as PACER. If you want to spend money on a lawyer, hire one in the jurisdiction in which the criminal charges are pending. He/she will be able to tell you after reviewing the Court files whether the US government has seized any monies. Such information would be in the court file. Thereafter, they would be in the best position to advise on the potential outcome of such actions including what you may be able to do about this. THIS SHOULD NOT COST YOU ANY SIGNFICIANT AMOUNT OF MONEY EITHER...maybe, maybe a couple of thousand dollars AT THE MOST...

if you decide to take further action they should also be able to give you a good faith estimate at what you are looking at. ALSO keep in mind that we are dealing in the crininal law arena...most GOOD criminal attorneys, although expensive...DO NOT PRACTICE in mega large lawfirms but usually solo or small boutique firms, so for good value, in this matter, I would stay away from a high priced mega law firm. GOOD LUCK!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree there may be some documents in the Neteller Founder's criminal case which would paint a clearer picture, however, I have a feeling that there has been no "seizure" of funds. I think all you will accomplish is ruling out or limiting one of the theories floating around out there.