View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Advice on moving up to NL 100$

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NL100 is a lot fishier for me than NL50 was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of agree with this. Maybe I was just running poorly, but I thought NL50 was a bit rockish. I cant really think of any reason why this would be so, but thats the general impression I came away from the 50s with.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm feel exactly the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
I once saw someone suggest that the $50s are filled with people who've moved up from the $25s, but the $100s have a lot of people who just started at that level because they have "real" jobs and it's not so much money for them. I'm a grad student, so I can't comment on "real salaries."

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of the above, pretty much. I probably play at a different site than most of you, and it has 20-30-50-100 levels. The 20's and 30's can be quite rockish postflop even though they're loose-passive preflop; you had to hunt around to find people who would stack off gleefully with TPTK. At the 50's you'd often find tables where people were stacking off with gutshots on the turn; at the 100s people have a better idea of preflop play but they're just throwing money around postflop, they're often very loose and aggressive and totally clueless, which is a great mix, especially when you're LAGish yourself.