View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
Since we have the 19+ requisite posts it apparently takes to post a defence of someone’s character, we would like to echo Rothko’s comments that Fred Roman has nothing to clear in regard his name.
He has not worked at AP for nigh on a year and, with all due respect to Fred, was never in a position where he would have been privy to the shenanigans that have (allegedly) been going on at AP. We support and encourage 2+2ers to name and shame only those they have firm evidence on to avoid diluting the issue/investigation with needless red herrings.

RTR

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that these exact sentiments were echoed by AP about Scott Tom in some of their early press releases.

I dont know anything about Fred. But I think the primary reason this thread has turned into a "witch hunt" is that now AP has a virtual monopoly on all solid evidence of what actually happened. Since they have proven to have no credibility we are left to speculate.

My personal opinion is that being paranoid about anybody ever associated with AP is the most logical thing to do now.

That is what AP has truly lost in this situation. None of these people will ever be viewed as completely clean after this situation. Such is the risk one takes when associating with an unethical company. It doesn't matter if the person is innocent or not.