View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Lucky Jim and his Degenerate Adventures - my new blog!!!

[ QUOTE ]
You know, based on your posting here, and based on the human desire to rip to shreds the weak, I am inclined to want to have a good laugh over your blog, maybe make a few brilliant comments at your expense.

But I won't, because you're actually just a sad case who needs help. The thing I can't stand is that you seem proud of it.

You're not good at poker, and that extends itself to not being good at life. There is a causality there.

Stop playing, seriously. When you get to the end of your life and look at your tattered existence, and you realize the answer to the obvious question is "poker," you'll be so regretful you won't even be able to die with any dignity whatsoever.

You're going to throw your life away over something YOU'RE NOT EVEN ANY GOOD AT. I know consistently winning players (myself included) who found the "poker life" so tedious and so strewn with human detritus that they don't really even play anymore. So why should you?

[/ QUOTE ]

What matters to me is the writing, not the poker. I write well about degeneracy and desperation, which is an admirable end result. Look at Jean Genet.