View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 05:25 AM

Default Re: 50NL Second pair + NFD

On the flop, against Ax (non-2 pair) you're pretty much a coinflip, if not slightly ahead. I wouldn't have bet SO hard on the flop, maybe in the $6.50-7 range though, as he's going to limp-call you anyways with something of hand/draw (and you have the NF draw), and with 2 callers, someone just might have an Ace. By betting stongly right there, you probably either had to win the pot immediately, or have to get the flush draw for cheap on the river. If you couldn't get it for free, you'd have to consider folding to strong betting.

As played, on the turn, once again, you have a hand, but not strong enough to be betting so close to the pot size unless you think he's a strong enough player to fold a draw or Ace there. Even so, you can now get a flush draw for free and he might not let go of his hand on the river if you do hit...but I don't know his showdown %'s.

Basically, I think your pot control during the hand was non-existent against this player. I think you were semi-bluffing just a bit too hard.