View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Have a set. Spew?

We have a made hand with SD value. Why do we want to turn that hand into a bluff preflop?

I'd consider 3betting for value in position with a small pair - but rarely at 25NL and almost never OOP.

1:8 times we flop a set which is a VERY powerful NL hand we deny ourselves the chance to flop the set by 3betting with it preflop cos more often than not villain folds whatever garbage he opened on the button.

I think it's better to call preflop and bluff the flop or float the flop and bluff the turn if we are going to bluff, that way we see a flop and have a little more informaton about hte equity of our hand.

If we 3bet preflop with a small pair and villain has a hand like QQ+ odds on he re-raises us and now we gotta fold and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that instead of folding preflop we would have stacked him if we'd flopped a set and got it all-in then vs his OP.

If you wanna 3bet a wide ranged LP opener I think do it with hands like 67s 78s 68s J9s JTs - stuff that usually flops badly and turns into air rather than hands that have a little SD value before any more cards have even been dealt.