Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: USA can thank China....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks to me like the US politicians want to do the same thing more or less.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, why not. Maybe it will force a few Americans to not get that 6 liter engine pick-up truck for the purpose of buying groceries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another advocate of increased central planning by the government to influence economic behavior.

[/ QUOTE ] Do you think global warming is a real issue? If so, what do you propose is done about it? If no, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't want to hijack this thread with another "global warming" debate. We've had many on this forum. Might want to check the archives.

Are you an advocate of increased central planning by the government to influence economic behavior btw? Will this type of central planning be effective regarding global warming?

[/ QUOTE ] I'm generally very much against central planning. I would go as far as calling myself an anarchist. But I have serious concerns about environmental issues, even more so in case of anarchy. So no, I'm not generally an advocate of increased central planning to influence economic behaviour, but yes, I think central planning might be necessary/effective in global environmental issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you believe this? Put another way, what's the best example of central planning producing desired economic results? We've discussed how government might effect economic behaviour related to fossil fuel usage in the past btw.