View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: $55 NLTRN: facing fairly big c/r shove on the flop

In the earlier stages of these SNG's it's prob the most profitable time to call PF raises OOP with marginal holdings as the raises are rarely more than 5% of one's stack.

I don't think this is a blatant steal becuz he's only going to get called by a hand that beats him most of the time (unless we are facing set over set) and even if the hand does not beat him, he will have them drawing dead NEVER. It's possible to put him on a junk hand as well becuz u are representing a big hand such as AJ to 1010>.

It's possible he hit 2 pair (see beginning of response post about calling OOP with marginal holdings) and thinks you will stack off with an overpair.

I think he shoves anywhere from 92 (not likely tho) to J9 and all sets. Our calling range is pretty small here, 22,99,JJ, Top 2. I think calling with a hand like AJ will result to drawing extremely slim or completely dead.

My thoughts are jumbled here, but the more I think this through, I think he has a garbage 2 pair and wants you to stack off with overpair or 1010 (no one ever wants to believe the one overcard on the board actually hit their opponent leaving them drawing to 2 outs)

What actually happened?