View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Re: bottom2, really tricky spot. party 2k6m.

This seems like looking at KTo in middle-late position in a ring NL game when its been folded to you... calling, raising and folding all look somewhat good and somewhat bad.

You obviously have to be concerned that you flopped a second best hand, but there is a substantial chance that someone holds QdJd or a similar draw, or perhaps just the nut flush draw. If the sb will bet his draws into large fields like this, then you may want to raise in an attempt to narrow the field, gain position and reevaluate if he goes allin.

Another option, which I don't think I like as much, is to just call the flop so that you dont commit yourself too much. The ideal situation here is that the button folds and a blank falls on the turn, but with a hand as vunerable as bottom two in a multiway pot, I think your best option is to raise.

If some good read or obvious action tells you that you're up against a higher two pair or set, I suppose you can find a fold on the flop, but I agree, this is a really tricky spot.