View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Ask WhoIam anything about living in Vientiane, Laos

I have internet now that I pay $50/ month for. It's slow, but poker really doesn't require very fast connection, not much data is being sent back and forth. So for poker it works fine, although surfing and downloads is hell. Sometimes I get disconnected for a few minutes. that sucks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. but not a big problem. Miss a few hands from some tourneys here and there, it's part of the charm of living here I guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Managed to take down the $5 rebuy on stars for $7k like 2-3 weeks ago . so it does work.

Anyway, next week i will get this [censored] upgraded. the guy that set it up said i was gonna get 1mbit line. (which i have no idea what is but he said it was super fast) And yeah it is no cap on upload / download either. I have stuff on download while I'm not at home like episodes of high stakes poker etc . its slow but they get here eventually.

But yeah if super fast internet is the most important thing in ur life then no laos 4 u i guess.

ANyway I will give u an update when I get my upgrade [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Peace